Fall 2022 Teacher Training begins October 13th
Our 200 hour teacher training program has been running for over ten years now. It is led by Christa Smith, 500 E-RYT and Sam Kosowski-Beck 500 E-RYT. Our program focuses on the required Yoga Alliance standards with an emphasis on actually teaching yoga classes. Many times students walk away from a program without feeling comfortable to teach in a classroom so this is our priority. We want to make sure every student is 100% ready to teach once graduating.
When we launched Simply Yoga, we were on a mission to create a friendly, un-intimidating, inspiring community where anyone from any walk of life could learn yoga and fit in. We take the impact of the practice seriously but we take ourselves and our community very lightly. This same warm energy pervades our studio’s teaching certification program. You’ll be surrounded by a lighthearted, non-judgmental, energetic community that very often leads to the cultivation of lifelong friendships. A consistent practice is recommended before enrolling in the program.
Our 200-hour teacher training is a Yoga Alliance-approved curriculum that focuses on all 8 limbs of the practice including adjustments, alignment, anatomy, philosophy and basic Sanskrit vocabulary to teach an all-level Vinyasa Flow Class. Students are required to read several books and complete written homework. Weekly Asana classes are required.
Simply Yoga has been running this program now for 10 years. Most of our instructors have gone on to get their advanced 300 hour teacher training for a total of over 500 hours of in-depth yoga practices. We pride ourselves on teaching a well rounded program that focuses on the 8 limbs of yoga.
- Alignment-based yoga asana practice and study.
- Yoga specific anatomy and physiology.
- Principles of “Vinyasa Flow” (creating intelligent flow sequences which link movement with breath).
- Principles and practice of Pranayama and Meditation.
- Yoga philosophy and ancient texts and teachings to include Yoga Sutras.
- The art of teaching yoga, including practice teaching (teaching methodology & practicum).
- Hands-on adjustments (effective communication through hands-on adjustments and clear verbal cues) and so much more!
Our next teacher training session begins the October 13th, and is a 12 week program. We meet every Thursday evening from 5:30-9:30 PM.
Date Starts: October 13, 2022
Date Ends: January 12, 2023
If you would like to apply, please email us at email@example.com for more information.
- Cost of the program if paid in full is $2800. Payment plans are available.
- $400.00 required deposit to hold your space (goes towards tuition). This is non-refundable.
Application deadline October 1, 20222
Teacher training is led by Christa Smith, E-RYT 500 and Sam Kosowski-Beck, E-RYT500.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Christa at 260-446-1663 for more information.