Summer 2023 Teacher Training begins May 11, 2023
Our 200 hour teacher training program has been running for over ten years now. It is led by Christa Smith, 500 E-RYT and Sam Kosowski-Beck 500 E-RYT. Our program focuses on the required Yoga Alliance standards with an emphasis on actually teaching yoga classes. Many times students walk away from a program without feeling comfortable to teach in a classroom so this is our priority. We want to make sure every student is 100% ready to teach once graduating.
When we launched Simply Yoga, we were on a mission to create a friendly, un-intimidating, inspiring community where anyone from any walk of life could learn yoga and fit in. We take the impact of the practice seriously but we take ourselves and our community very lightly. This same warm energy pervades our studio’s teaching certification program. You’ll be surrounded by a lighthearted, non-judgmental, energetic community that very often leads to the cultivation of lifelong friendships. A consistent practice is recommended before enrolling in the program.
Our 200-hour teacher training is a Yoga Alliance-approved curriculum has been around for over 10 years and focuses on all 8 limbs of the practice including adjustments, alignment, anatomy, philosophy and basic Sanskrit vocabulary to teach an all-level Vinyasa Flow Class. Students are required to read several books and complete written homework. Weekly classes are required.
- Alignment-based yoga asana practice and study.
- Yoga specific anatomy and physiology.
- Principles of “Vinyasa Flow” (creating intelligent flow sequences which link movement with breath).
- Principles and practice of Pranayama and Meditation.
- Yoga philosophy and ancient texts and teachings to include Yoga Sutras.
- The art of teaching yoga, including practice teaching (teaching methodology & practicum).
- Hands-on adjustments (effective communication through hands-on adjustments and clear verbal cues) and so much more!
Our next teacher training session begins May 11, 2023 through 8/24/23. This is a 16 week program and we meet every Thursday evening from 5:30-9:30 PM.
Date Starts: May 11, 2023
Date Ends: August 24, 2023
If you would like to apply, please email us at email@example.com for an application.
- Cost of the program if paid in full is $2500. Payment plans are available.
- $400.00 required deposit to hold your space (goes towards tuition). This is non-refundable.
Application deadline April 15, 2023
Teacher training is led by Christa Smith, E-RYT 500 and Sam Kosowski-Beck, E-RYT500.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Christa at 260-446-1663 for more information.