Next 200 Hour Teacher Training Session begins January 10th, 2019!!
Our 200 hour teacher training has been around for over 6 years now! It is led by Christa Smith, 500 E-RYT and Samantha Kosakowski-Beck, 500 RYT. Our program focuses on the required Yoga Alliance standards with an emphasis and actually teaching yoga classes. Many times students walk away from a program without feeling comfortable to teach in a classroom so this is our priority. We want to make sure every student is 100% ready to teach once graduating.
When we launched Simply Yoga, we were on a mission to create a friendly, non-intimidating, inspiring community where anyone from any walk of life could learn yoga and fit in. We take the impact of the practice seriously but we take ourselves and our community very lightly. This same warm energy pervades our studio’s teaching certification program. You’ll be surrounded by a lighthearted, non-judgmental, energetic community that very often leads to the cultivation of lifelong friendships. A consistent practice is recommended before enrolling in the program.
Our 200-hour teacher training is a Yoga Alliance-approved curriculum that focuses on all 8 limbs of the practice including adjustments, alignment, anatomy, philosophy and basic Sanksrit vocabulary to teach an all-level Vinyasa Flow Class. Students are required to read several books and complete written homework. Weekly Asana classes are required and a discount is given on classes.
- Alignment-based yoga asana practice and study.
- Yoga specific anatomy and physiology.
- Principles of “Vinyasa Flow” (creating intelligent flow sequences which link movement with breath).
- Principles and practice of Pranayama and Meditation.
- Yoga philosophy and ancient texts and teachings to include Yoga Sutras.
- The art of teaching yoga, including practice teaching (teaching methodology & practicum).
- Hands-on adjustments (effective communication through hands-on adjustments and clear verbal cues) and so much more!
Classes meet every Thursday evening from 5:30-9:45 PM beginning on January 10th and ending on June 27th.
- The cost of this program is $2800. A $200 discount will be given if paid in full prior to start date. Payment plans are available.
- $400.00 required deposit to hold your space (goes towards tuition). This is non-refundable.
Teacher training is led by Christa Smith, E-RYT 500 and Samantha Kosakowski-Beck, RYT 500.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.