200 Hour Teacher Training: Begins August 24th of 2017
Our next 200 hour teacher training program is set up in two modules. The first module meets Thursday evenings from 6:00 PM-10:00 PM beginning August 24th – October 26th, 2017 (10 weeks). The second module meets Thursday evenings from 6:00 – 10:00 PM beginning December 28th – October 26th, 2017- March 1st, 2018 (10 weeks). There will be one additional weekend workshop required during each module and dates will be determined upon availability of students.
This program is for aspiring teachers and for all students with a desire to learn more about Yoga theory, practice and philosophy. We believe that every student is a teacher for tomorrow and are committed to pouring ourselves into this program in order to pass on absolutely everything we know to our trainees. We also believe in giving trainees ample practice teaching time to become as comfortable as possible leading yoga classes once you graduate.
When we launched Simply Yoga, we were on a mission to create a friendly, non-intimidating, inspiring community where anyone from any walk of life could learn yoga and fit in. We take the impact of the practice seriously but we take ourselves and our community very lightly. This same warm energy pervades our studio’s teaching certification program. You’ll be surrounded by a lighthearted, non-judgmental, energetic community that very often leads to the cultivation of lifelong friendships.
Our 200-hour teacher training is a Yoga Alliance-approved curriculum that .focuses on all 8 limbs of the practice including adjustments, alignment, anatomy, philosophy and basic Sanksrit vocabulary to teach an all-level Vinyasa Flow Class. Students are required to read several books and complete written homework.
- Alignment-based yoga asana practice and study.
- Yoga specific anatomy and physiology.
- Principles of “Vinyasa Flow” (creating intelligent flow sequences which link movement with breath).
- Principles and practice of Pranayama and Meditation.
- Yoga philosophy and ancient texts and teachings to include Yoga Sutras.
- The art of teaching yoga, including practice teaching (teaching methodology & practicum).
- Hands-on adjustments (effective communication through hands-on adjustments and clear verbal cues) and so much more!
- The cost of this program is two payments made at the beginning of each 10 week course in the amount of $1200 for a total of $2400. A $100 discount will be given if paid in full prior to start date of each 10 week session.
- $100 deposit to hold your space (goes towards tuition).
- Note that additional weekly yoga classes are required and not included in the price but a discount is given.
Application deadline is August 1, 2017
Teacher training is led by Christa Smith, E-RYT 500. Click Here for Christa’s Bio
Please contact Christa at 260-451-9642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
200 Hour Teacher Training Application